Monday

Media Can Engage and Entertain

We live in a culture of communication.  Media has only expanded if not exacerbated the forms through which we do so.  Many teachers with access to technology in the classroom have incorporated media into their lessons to share information with, provide examples for, and generally engage students.
With You Tube the go to site for video clips of all kinds, it seems fitting to provide an example from its massive files.  A 3-year-old explains his relationship with his mother to his mother.  The gist - "I like you only when you give me cookies"- but its better than that! Watch:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8aprCNnecU

After the hilarity of the moment, this video is an excellent opening for discussions with children of all ages (and I do mean all, but especially with teens).  Did I hear Aretha humming in the background?  R.E.S.P.E.C.T.s that the remix?  R.E.C.I.P.R.O.C.I.T.Y. 
And the list goes on and on.... (sweetly hummed a la India.Arie)

No comments:

Post a Comment