Tuesday

Theories & Models of Literacy: The Papers

I've avoided this post for as long as I could. With less than 24 hours to go, I somberly submit my midterm and final papers for all to view. I tend to hesitate to post items such as these because posting gives them a finality I rarely ascribe to them. I have made a few cosmetic changes to the original submissions but the content is largely the same.
The first, entitled The [R]evolution of Silent Reading, explains how silent reading became the linchpin between text technology and cultural change:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AdCBUY5KczCDZDl2YjY0Y18xN3ZjemQ2aGg&hl=en

The second, entitled The Intersections of Culture and Literacy, discusses the obvious:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AdCBUY5KczCDZDl2YjY0Y18yY3h4cDZoY2g&hl=en

As I am constructing this post, I am becoming increasingly aware of my desire to seek/consider connections, the places and moments where and when ideas meet, touch, converge, and diverge. Perhaps, these connections will be focus of future posts and discussions.

No comments:

Post a Comment